Navigation

Current Plots!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

This Sunflower Will Not Resemble The Creepy "teletubbies" Sun Baby, Wednesday 3/28, 8:30 AM // Frankie
Equinox
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 03:49 PM
QUOTE.  

Lucas braced himself for whatever response Frankie might give. He tried to focus on her current needs and not that fact that he really liked her leaning into his body like this. When she initially struggled with words, Lucas offered a gentle, encouraging shoulder squeeze. Frankie didn't have to speak; they could just sit here if she preferred.

The words finally came, and Lucas just listened. His mother had always emphasized the distinction between hearing and listening. One invited an immediate response, while the other did not. He maintained eye contact until Frankie looked away. Lucas was trying his best to understand, though he was admittedly having difficulty following her stream of consciousness.

When Frankie wiped her face against her sleeve, Lucas used his free hand to reach into his back pocket for his trusty handkerchief. Before he could grab it, however, Frankie froze.

Oh, no.

Had he done something?! Were his ice powers back? Frankie's next words and movements put that theory to rest, but they didn't exactly make matters better. This was all coming at him so fast. Lucas wasn't 100% certain he understood the situation or Frankie's concerns, but right now he didn't need to understand.

"Listen to me, Frankie," he said, silently offering the handkerchief as an alternative to her sleeve. "Whatever happened then doesn't impact who you are now. You are an amazing woman, Frankie Kennedy-Park. And nothing can change that."

Frankie Kennedy-Park
PM.
^
Frankie Kennedy-Park
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:37 PM
QUOTE.  

At which moment Frankie looked at Lucas, and promptly found herself tumbling head over heels into his eyes, and was it even remotely fair for them to be so… wait… “Your eyes,” she murmured, and maybe it was an emotionally fragile state or the surprise, but suddenly she was fixed on this realization. “Your eyes are brown.”

They hadn’t been brown last time!

She shook herself and amended, realizing, “No, I’m sorry, that was—that was a wonderful thing to say, thank you, I just didn’t see before…”

Equinox

--------------------
PM.
^
Equinox
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 10:31 PM
QUOTE.  

Lucas couldn't help but crack a faint smile at the suddenness with which Frankie changed the subject. It meant she'd been focusing on his eyes, which he didn't mind in the slightest. "Yeah, both my parents have blue eyes, so I guess it just kind of runs in the family," he responded, not fully taking in what Frankie had said. When it dawned on him, he tilted his head. "Wait. Brown?"

That was....interesting? After the winding, emotionally exhausting conversation they'd experienced, it would've been silly to panic about something as harmless as changing eye color. Maybe he'd ask Dr. McCoy later if this was a side effect of his mutation.

After she apologized, Lucas shook his head and slipped his hand from her shoulder until he reached her cheek. "You don't need to apologize for anything. I'm sorry that I can't understand everything you're going through and that I can't give the same helpful advice the Professor might give in situations like this. But I want to try, Frankie."

Lucas had never hated another human being in his life, but right now he came dangerously close to that with Frankie's biological father. It was a good thing he'd never met the man and never would. He still couldn't quite grasp the atrocities Frankie had hinted at in her final train of thought, but he didn't want Frankie to clarify if it would only bring her more pain.

"If you ever need to vocalize your thoughts, I'll be here," Lucas added. "I promise I'm not going anywhere." Unless he came down with another bout of amnesia, which hopefully wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Frankie Kennedy-Park
PM.
^
Frankie Kennedy-Park
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 06:07 PM
QUOTE.  

The amnesia was the first thing Frankie thought about, too—saying he would always be here was like saying he would move Heaven and Earth. He couldn’t control that. But as a metaphor, it was really touching.

“I know.”

It was who Lucas was. It was why she… um… really, really liked him.

And the truth was, she didn’t want him understanding this, because she didn’t want him to feel how it felt. Frankie didn’t hate herself at the possibility. She didn’t think it changed anything she had done. But what if, in the middle of all of that, in the middle of everything, what if she was a reminder of one of the most horrible things that had happened to her mother? What if all her life, not meaning to, without doing a single thing to try, she had made it impossible to forget?

“Anyway, we don’t have to talk about it. Let’s just enjoy this amazing garden you made and the few quiet moments we have in it before Copper gets bored.”

Because, Frankie well knew, they were only a few minutes away from an energetic, enthusiastic dog jumping on them for attention. Much as she loved the puppy, not sharing Lucas was preferable.

“And, just—in case you ever need to know—it’s Francesca Mae. Just in case.” Wait, was that a dumb thing to say? It felt like a dumb thing to say. She wasn’t being mean or anything—not trying to, anyway—it just occurred to her that he didn’t know her name and maybe it would be nice if he did. “It was going to be that or Jude.” Knowing about the saints, Frankie sometimes thought she would have made a better Jude—helper of the desperate—but then Francis was the patron of the natural environment.

Equinox

--------------------
PM.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  

Our Affiliates
RPG-D RPG Initiative
ToD
Static Affiliates
 photo AffiliateButtonTempt_zpspntsfh7x.jpg ideal world We Are Warriors Code 8 Infinity Rising X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay FLAWED GENETICS Heroes Reborn Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU A marvel infinity war rp Disposable Heroes

welcome back,

Board Dates: May 01 to May 15, 2018
Join Us On Discord Too
RP Lovers - Marvel Topsites